Deadline: 30 October 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head Of Gender and Protection in Kyiv, Ukraine The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head Of Gender and Protection will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge Management, Information and Analysis
- Provide strategic and technical support for the integration of WFP’s relevant policies and related humanitarian and human rights
- normative frameworks across WFP operations in Ukrainian context.
Conduct protection and gender analysis – impacting food insecurity and vice-versa and arising from WFP operations and presence.
- Programme Support
- Work with programme colleagues and cooperating partners to identify operationally practical measures to be put in place to support the gender and protection strategies.
- Capacity Strengthening
- Devise and support the implementation of gender and protection capacity development initiatives, undertaking training and building the capacity of staff on protection analysis, response development and integration of these areas in WFP’s work.
- Coordination, Advocacy and Partnership
- Provide technical support to Programme staff and Cooperating Partners for the application of the Gender and Age Marker.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in International Development, Gender Studies, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology or other field relevant to international development assistance. or trainings/courses.
- At least 10 year’s postgraduate relevant progressively responsible professional experience in gender and protection mainstreaming, project management and/or development, humanitarian sector.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining multi-sectoral collaborations, partnerships, and networks.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, including the ability to write in an engaging and informative manner, and conceptualize and clearly synthesize information.
- Ability to facilitate consultations and technical discussions.
- Fluency (level C) in English.
- Intermediate Knowledge Level of Ukrainian, and Russian is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.