Deadline: 9 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the identification and assessment of Upstream opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for Upstream projects that lead to IFC investments.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned Upstream portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Work with the World Bank to analyze sector and regulatory reforms that are needed to unlock opportunities for private investment.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in business, finance, economics, international relations, science, engineering, or other relevant field.
- 5 year’s experience in project and/or program development, producing feasibility studies, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Knowledge of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.