Deadline: 5 August 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Specialist on Conservation Agriculture in Kiev, Ukraine.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Specialist on Conservation Agriculture will perform the following functions-
- Launch Coordination Centre of Sustainable Agriculture, CCSA, in accordance with elaborated Concept Note for CCSA.
- Propose methodological approaches and indicators for the best CA practice selection taking into the account environmental and climate specific of the steppe and forest-steppe zones.
- Collaboration with the project team on the selection of the best CA practices.
- Elaboration list of topics for CA research and it`s methodology for conducting CA researches in Ukrainian scientific and educational institutions and farms.
- Collaboration with scientific and educational institutions as CCSA expert.
- Take participation with actual presentations, at training events for farmers.
- Prepare and update the curriculum of practical workshops for farmers in the cooperation with the national project team.
- Prepare and participate in the field demonstration and workshops.
- Represent main findings and achievements at the final conference.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s or doctorate Degree in agriculture and/or agronomy.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience within one or more of the following areas CSA, CA, sustainable agriculture, agronomy.
- Expert knowledge on CA technologies, approaches, and crop diversity in climate smart agriculture, conservation and sustainable agriculture.
- Knowledge on internationally accepted best practice and relevant agreements on agronomy, farming and natural resources management.
- Ability to develop and implement training events at national level.
- Working knowledge of English would be an asset.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.