Deadline: 19 February 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Director Budget, Personnel and Management Systems Department is responsible for the design and implementation of strategic HR initiatives such as talent management, performance management, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, and learning and development.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director will perform the following functions-
- Establish and cascade the division’s vision, goals, and key result areas in support of ADB’s long term business and human resources strategies. Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans. Monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long-term goals and annual objectives for the division.
- Responsible for continually seeking new and innovative ways to support ADB as an organization that retains and motivates its top talent through the review and formulation of HR policies and programs. This requires undertaking consultations and in-depth discussion with all relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for introducing further enhancements for developing managers and leaders through leadership development programs.
- Improve succession management systemically. Strengthen career management framework and supporting systems.
- Be a visible, effective culture champion for diversity and inclusion. Develop strategy and programs to foster learning and innovation.
- Provide trusted advice and guidance to Management, senior staff and individual staff. Identify and analyze organizational, team, and staff development needs and execute interventions with concerned Heads of Departments/Offices, staff or working groups.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree, or equivalent University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 15 years of international experience, at senior level (e.g. managing teams or leading projects), in human resource management, learning and development and related areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, Management, Board members, and external counterparts.
- Preferably affiliated with and/or certified/accredited by internationally recognized professional associations.
- Understanding of multilateral banks or international finance institutions’ operational policies and programs is preferable.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff performance and career development in a diverse workforce, as well as establish a constructive work environment to maximize staff engagement and optimize staff potential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.