Deadline: 25 August 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Administrative Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance & Administrative Associate will be responsible to provide programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance & Administrative Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support implementation of programme strategies and work plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Effective and timely support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme on programme implementation.
- Support in effective coordination between UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub Multi-Country TB Programme, management.
- Support Unit and Operations Support Team, and UNDP Country Offices on the implementation of the programme activities.
- Provide effective support to management of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme and other Global Fund related programming focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project.
- Timely support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme on maintaining and updating budget work plans and other project related documents as required.
- Provide administrative/finance management and logistics support to the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme, UNDP COs, SRs and other Global Fund related programming including key stakeholders focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and accurately prepare travel authorizations.
- Ensure accurate use of appropriate COA as relevant to the Activity ID indicated in Atlas matching to the correct Service Delivery Area Reference in the budget work plan.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for programme activities, ensuring the budget is checked for the approved requisition, complete Purchase Order issuance processes and key receipt of goods/service in Atlas and upload required voucher to DMS.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collect and maintain information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources. Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Support in proper management of programme files, programme deliveries and all the knowledge products of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB grant in a central location (soft and hard copies).
- Contributions to knowledge networks of the UNDP BRH Multi-Country TB Programme.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Economics, Political Sciences or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 6 years (with Secondary education) or, minimum 3 years (with Bachelor Degree) of progressively responsible financial, administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience with the UN system, preferably UNDP and/or the Global Fund, is an advantage.
- Experience with Atlas is an advantage.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.