Deadline: 14 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Programme Policy Officer (Resilience) in Baghdad, Iraq.
The National Programme Policy Officer (Resilience) will provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Programme Policy Officer (Resilience) will perform the following functions:
- Provide project management support in formulation and implementation of resilience projects predominately in rural areas and with a comprehensive agriculture focus; Support further development and formulation of resilience activities in urban areas.
- Ensure a coordinated approach with wider WFP-assisted and other programmes that comply with WFP’s mandate, standards, and procedures.
- Further, enhance and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems in line with WFP’s corporate systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to further enhance WFP’s resilience projects in Iraq both with national and international Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), UN sister agencies and other partners and institutions including the private sector.
- Oversee the formulation and management of partnership agreements with NGOs (Field Level Agreements; FLAs)
- Oversee FLA budgets and disbursement of funds.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Prepare concise narrative and financial reports.
- Manage the Resilience sub-unit in the absences of the International Programme Policy Officer. In particular, provide guidance to team members and the Field Offices and coordinate activities with them.
- Respond to queries from various stakeholders such as Regional Bureau, WFP HQ, and donors.
- Represent WFP’s interests at various national and international fora as required.
- Other tasks could be requested by the supervisor based on the work priorities and needs.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in environmental sciences, Climate Change, Environmental Economics, Natural Resources Management, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration or similar fields.
- First University Degree with additional years of relevant work experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development work, preferably with specialized experience in managing food security and livelihood projects.
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a team in the context of programme coordination and implementation.
- Proven ability and experience in the coordination of interagency networks, partnerships, strategies and Communications initiatives.
- Proven experience of successfully working with line ministries at different levels and public and private institutions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (level C), as well as Arabic (level C), is a must.
- Kurdish language skills are an additional asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.