Deadline: 7 September 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Manager in Maputo, Mozambique.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Manager will perform the following functions-
- Provide advice to the Chief in establishing the annual work plan, including developing strategies and determining priorities, targets and performance measurements.
- Prepare and assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths and weaknesses in programme management.
- Provide advice to key government officials, NGO partners, UN system partners, and other country office partners/donors on policies, strategies, best practices and approaches on nutrition-related issues to support programme development planning, management, implementation, and delivery of results.
- Prepare communication and information materials to highlight programme goals, achievements and needs to promote awareness, establish partnerships/alliances and support fund raising for nutrition programmes (maternal, newborn and child survival and development).
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark, and implement best and cutting edge practices in health management and information systems.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in a developing country in one or more of the following areas is required: nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management, or maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care.
- Experience in health/nutrition programme/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset as is experience in guiding programme efforts for multi-sectoral nutrition action.
- Developing country work experience is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.