Deadline: 02 December 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist with administration and regular monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine aspects of project delivery.
- Lead administrative arrangements (e.g. logistics) for conferences/meetings.
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation.
- Resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action.
- Create Requisitions and Purchase Orders (POs); performance of reconciliation activities such as closure and cancellation POs.
- Inquiries on PO details and activities.
- Generation of PO reports for expedition, status and details information; and create receipts including information such as distributions,rejections and cancellations.
- Create vendor details and approval follow-ups.
- Monitoring of payments and follow up when problems arise; Review of payment vouchers and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, compliance with UNOPS FRRs and correctness of account code charges.
- Analysis of financial reports, investigation and preparation of adjustments as required.
- Maintain contract-tracking plan to review sub-contractor invoices and supporting documentation and ensure that services provided and claims are in conformity with the terms of the contract.
- Act as focal point with projects on Asset Reporting as per UN MOU requirements.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school diploma required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year of experience in related field can be in lieu of 5 years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in administration, finance or programme support.
- Knowledge of OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Familiarity with UNOPS policies and procedures, especially with regard to finance, procurement of personnel, goods and services desirable.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and databases.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.