Deadline: 1 September 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Advancing knowledge on how social protection can promote realization of international commitments for children and women, particularly in the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
- Development of tools, guidance and methods to improve social protection programming for children.
- Generating, consolidating and sharing knowledge on UNICEF’s work on social protection.
- Undertaking and support policy analysis and advocacy on social protection.
- Representing UNICEF in technical discussions on social protection.
- Performing additional duties as requested.
Applicants must have –
- An advanced university degree in economics, development studies or social sciences.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience in public policy, technical assistance, carrying out economic and social policy analyses particularly in the areas of social policy and social protection, preferably in developing country environments.
- Experience in written analysis/documentation of public policy work, and excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language, as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.