Deadline: 6 August 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the timely and smooth implementation of the project, working in coordination with relevant UNDP team members supporting operations, financial resources management, human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services to ensure successful and timely operationalization of the project.
- Support maintenance of finance and procurement records for the Project in compliance with UNDP internal control requirements using systems such as ATLAS and PROMPT.
- Support preparation and consolidation of the overall budget, and support monitoring expenditure in accordance with UNDP financial rules and cost-recovery policies.
- Support forward-looking information and communication management.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Programme Manager and Technical Coordinator/Specialists, and support back-stopping arrangements for members of the team as and when required.
- For positions embedded within partner institutions such as the Parliament of Sri Lanka, the Project Associate will work in close consultation, and guidance of the Secretary General of Parliament.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education (G.C.E. Advance Level) with 7 years including 3 years experience in supporting the implementation of projects, with preference on peace building, access to justice and governance related projects.
- University Degree in Political Sciences, Law, Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration, or Economics with preference on peace building, access to justice and governance related projects with 3 years’ experience in supporting the implementation of projects, with preference on peace building, access to justice and governance related projects is desirable.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Evidence of strong research and analytical skills.
- Usage of computers and office software package (MS Word, Excel etc.) and knowledge of database packages and experience in handling of web based management systems is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Sinhala and Tamil with excellent written and oral communication skills is essential.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.