Deadline: 13 February 2019
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer (M&E) in Aden, Yemen.
The purpose of Programme Officer is to provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer (M&E) will perform the following functions:
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance.
- First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Fluency (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication.
- At least 4 years of professional work experience, including 1-2 years post-graduate experience in Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Experience managing teams.
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.