Deadline: 11 June 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Kinshasa, DR Congo. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following-
- Establish solid working relationship with the project board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), client and key stakeholders.
- Manage communications and ensure stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, exceptions and are in a position to accept handover products.
- Advise the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Manage the information flows between the Project Board/OC Director and the project(s).
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board.
- Embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Liaise with any external suppliers or account managers.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Civil Engineering is required.
- University degree in Civil Engineering in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Proven experience in financial management is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in French an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.