Deadline: 22 April 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant – Hygiene Promoter in Herat, Afghanistan.
The purpose of the WASH Assistant – Hygiene Promoter is to liaise and work closely in Hygiene Promotion with WASH department in implementing the WASH projects.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Participate in NRC staff and seminars and training, when scheduled.
- Work closely with all WASH projects stakeholders.
- Keeping on track recording of training data and program documents.
- Coordinate closely his or her activities with WASH Officer Assist her/his direct supervisor/Officer on planning, organizing, facilitating of projects.
- Be willing to travel throughout the districts and other provinces, this is primarily a field position and will require physical activity in a range of demanding natural environments and conditions.
- Any others tasks assigned by supervisors/Shelter and WASH officer.
- Responsible for assessment of KAP1 and KAP2 and analysis for result understand.
- H&H campaign (family Visit1, Visit2 and Vist3) planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Conduct the hygiene massages through field missions to beneficiaries.
- Produce reports on weekly base, monthly as well as on required base.
- Distribute the hygiene kits to the targeted and planned beneficiaries.
- Deliver hygiene training sessions for School students.
Applicants must have:
- At least high School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred in health fields.
- The hygiene promotion background.
- 1-2 Years previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area preferably with UN or INGOs
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in English and Dari/Pashto.
- Previous Experience in Health & Safety (1-3 years).
- Good Communication skills & Compute skills.
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to plan activities & carry them through effectively.
- Work confidently within a group.
- Nationality of Afghanistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.