Deadline: 13 February 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth and Advocacy Officer in Amman, Jordan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Youth and Advocacy Officer w is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the Office communications and advocacy strategies to increase the standing and awareness of UN Women with partners, the youth, the media and the public.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Youth and Advocacy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide substantive support to the planning and design of external communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans.
- Provide analysis for elaboration of communication strategies; ensure gender perspective.
- Integrate communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into proposals for project/programmes, donor reports and other initiatives, as necessary.
- Support the design, implementation and assessment of national and corporate advocacy campaigns.
- Support the preparations of events and outreach efforts in commemoration of relevant international days (International Women’s Day, World Refugee Day, UN Day, etc), including in partnership with UN agencies and relevant national stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate the organization of key advocacy campaigns, such as the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence and the HeforShe movement, mobilizing youth and civil society constituencies.
- Build and maintain partnerships with national actors, including youth constituencies.
- Maintain relationships with partners and alliances to enhance visibility.
- Liaise with advocacy partners and undertake outreach to civil society organizations, national institutions and youth groups to ensure that newsworthy information reaches the public and donors, as delegated.
- Coordinate media relations for the CO.
- Serve as a focal point on UN Women activities open to the press, as necessary.
- Coordinate the establishment of relevant relationships with national media partners.
Applicants must have:
- First-level university degree is required in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience at national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
- Experience in mobilizing youth constituencies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Ability to communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies.
- Knowledge of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of production, graphic design and photography standards.
- Ability to be strategic and analytical.
- Knowledge of gender and human rights issues desirable.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.