Deadline: 20 September 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Global Communications Director in London, United Kingdom.
The Communications Director will be responsible for leading Save the Children International’s communications function with the intent of growing communications as a strategic function to achieve the organisation’s Ambition for Children 2030.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Director will perform the following functions:
- Lead the global communications team and develop a global communications strategy (with senior staff) for 2020.
- Oversee and own the work of the global communications team across multiple portfolios, including organisational and external communications.
- Advise and manage strategic executive counsel and communications on key issues and moments.
- Primary audiences include the Senior Leadership Team, Extended Leadership Team, and Save the Children Member senior management teams.
- Establish strategic buy-in across the federated model, including members, leadership, regions and countries around key messages, positions, and engagement approaches during key moments and crisis.
- Energies and engage the worldwide staff, through relevant and inspiring communication, linking individuals to the organisations purpose and activities.
- Develop and maintain an effective communication planning process across members and Save the Children.
- International – work with Country Offices /Regional Offices/members (especially prospect members) to assess capacity and plans, build strategic communications functions and recruit strong talent to ensure alignment with global strategy.
- Keep a finger on the ‘pulse’ of the organisation, knowing where conversations are happening.
- Ownership and communications lead on key organisational priorities and moments, including issues management, crisis response, change communication.
Applicant must have:
- Minimum first degree qualified.
- Change management leadership experience.
- Significant experience in leading the creation and implementation of a strategy.
- Extensive experience building and profiling organisation’s to generate cut through in a crowded market.
- Experience of a range of communication channels and technologies, and an understanding of trends.
- Experience of building personal networks at senior levels, resulting in improved engagement.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Extensive reputation and crisis management experience at the most critical and senior level.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify the necessary steps towards an ambitious goal.
- External orientation and business understanding: being able to advise the most senior leaders (board to SLT) on best course of action and impact of decisions made.
- Ability to lead teams, providing professional direction, inspiration, high standards of performance and championing standards and developing team members.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse setting.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.