Deadline: 5 March 2022
Rainforest Alliance is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Media Relations Associate in United Kingdom.
The Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. They are building an alliance to protect forests, improve the livelihoods of farmers and forest communities, promote their human rights, and help them mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Media Relations Associate will perform the following functions:
- Develop and execute the UK media relations strategy, spearheading media outreach related to Rainforest Alliance news, opinions, and thought leadership.
- Conceptualize, draft, edit, proof-read, and deliver pitches, media advisories, opinion pieces, briefings, and other assets.
- Respond to and field media inquiries, including a rapid response function.
- Handle appropriate follow-up, often on a short deadline, including facilitating interviews with Rainforest Alliance representatives and preparing them for interviews.
- Monitor mentions in the news keep relevant staff informed of how the organization is covered in the news propose reactions/comments.
- Give input on the global media strategy and plan and support its implementation and execution, in close collaboration with the other Media Relations Associates and the Senior Manager Media Relations.
- Act as first point of contact for UK-based media outlets, build and maintain relations with key reporters and editors anticipate and respond to PR opportunities.
- Position spokespeople at key thought leadership events and preparing them.
- Support the Corporate Reputation & Issue Management team in managing potential reputational risks if media are involved.
- Support the Rainforest Alliance’s social media strategy in the UK.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, English Studies, or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- At least 5 year’s experience in journalism, or public relations and media outreach, either as a journalist or working directly with journalists under tight deadlines.
- Experience in non-profits and international environments preferred.
- Established media network in the UK.
- Talented writer with an eye for the heart of a story, flawless copywriting and copyediting skills, proven publication track-record, supported by writing samples.
- Creative and strategic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to interact with individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds, strong public speaker.
- Strong interest and at least some experience in social and environmental issues and sustainability.
- Self-motivated go-getter, used to taking initiative and energetically pursing media leads.
- Ability to work independently within a global team, with line manager based in Amsterdam.
- Strong organizational skills proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Rainforest Alliance.