Deadline: 21 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Support Officer in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Constantly learn all new development in human resources related policy, guidelines and tools, ensuring the appropriate interpretation of, and compliance with them in RTC in close consultation with HR Focal Points.
- Provide support to recruitment and extension of staff in the Centre.
- Actively engage in organizational development, human resources planning and process rationalization of the unit in a changing business environment.
- Collaborate in the management of all administrative aspects of the unit especially for all procurement related matters ensuring that actions taken are in full compliance with UN rules and regulations.
- Monitor progress for all procurement and administrative actions, follow-up and reports to Chief RTC.
- Make Administrative arrangements (e.g. funding, logistics) for training, study tours and conference, evaluating relevance of event with project objectives and review of nominations.
- Maintain the updated knowledge of all new development in policy and tools in DM and constantly updating colleagues working in the RTC Team.
- Ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards.
- Responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration or equivalent with the minimum 1 year of progressively responsible experience in the related areas of work or a first university degree in the above major with the minimum 2 years of work experience in the related areas, or a high school diploma with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the related areas are required.
- Additional training in administrative, human resources management and business practices an asset.
- Experience in procurement.
- Good knowledge of UN/UNOPS policies and procedures, especially in the HR and procurement areas.
- Good computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and databases required.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.