Deadline: 7 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Board Operations Analyst in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Board Operations Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Lead on all aspect governance events planning and management, including but not limited to
- If not identified by the meeting host, procuring the venue for Board and select Committee meetings in coordination with the World Bank’s Global Meetings Program team. Obtain an estimate of costs and obtain approval.
- Prepare cost estimates for Board meetings, select Board standing committees, as well as any other governance meetings and workshops, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable GPE and World Bank policy.
- Prepare and send meeting invitations to Board and Committee members as appropriate.
- Contact and procure the following services in advance of each meeting including translators, interpreters, caterers (if required) and all other service providers as needed.
- Information Management Focal Point
- Update the Board and Committee rosters and work with the communications team to ensure that the external website reflects changes in a timely manner.
- Update and manage the Board distribution lists.
- Review and quality assure the formatting of all Board documents and select Committee documents (as applicable) to ensure they comply with applicable standards.
- After each Board meeting, ensure that decisions, documents and presentations (where applicable) are updated in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Board decisions database.
Applicants must have:
- MA/MS Degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study (law, public policy, economics or other related fields), with 2 year’s of experience.
- 5 year’s of experience is preferred, including some experience in international development issues.
- Experience with conference services, meeting and events management, preferably within the context of an intergovernmental body.
- Experience working with government and other partners, including bilateral donors, multilateral organizations, and NGOs.
- Ability to articulate ideas verbally in a clear and compelling way to audiences of varied levels and tailor communication as needed.
- Ability to maintain a sense of perspective when working under pressure, to remain calm in difficult and stressful situations.
- Fluency in French is considered an advantage levels.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.