International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Budget and Contracts Assistant in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Budget and Contracts Assistant will improve nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on evidence and technology.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget and Contracts Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide support in processing institutional, contractor, and consultancy contracts and amendments.
- Monitor and provide status reports on institutional, contractor, and consultancy contracts, and follow up on contract deliverables.
- Process payments for institutional, contractor, and consultancy contracts, making sure that technical deliverables have been submitted and approved by respective HarvestPlus manager.
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring expenditure reports of institutional partners ensuring that partners are working within agreed contract budgets, and prepare summary expenditure reports as required.
- Maintain HarvestPlus databases on institutional contracts, contractor contracts, consultancy contracts, IRB approvals, and equipment purchases.
- Maintain electronic and/or hardcopies of contracts, technical reports, financial reports, and other contract related documents.
- Maintain the internal team webpage for the Budgets and Contracts team (SharePoint).
- Provide support monitoring cost center expenditures of select H+ program unit(s) ensuring expenditures are appropriately charged and reclassifying charges when necessary.
- Provide support in HarvestPlus Delivery QuickBooks budget monitoring system.
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings, workshops, and other training events for Finance Functional Team activities.
- Process payments for vendor agreements and un-contracted expenses.
- Provide administrative support and other tasks related to budgets and contracts as required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or 4 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, monitoring and managing contracts.
- Demonstrated experience administering databases.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work responsibly with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and related software: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access and SharePoint.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills.
- Fluency in foreign language – other than English – desirable.
- Ability/willingness to travel internationally if needed.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.