Deadline: 13 January 2021
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Capacity Development and Knowledge Management Specialist in New York, United States.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Capacity Development and Knowledge Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the provision of knowledge management guidance and advice on women’s political participation
- Lead the implementation of knowledge management activities in the Team’s annual work plan, track progress made, identify any issues and make recommendations to address them.
- Manage the Team’s global knowledge repository on women’s political participation by tracking and codifying knowledge products and good practices from UN Women’s global, regional and country programming.
- Provide substantive inputs to the production of programming tools and programming guidance on key areas, including social norms change and a 10 years review of women’s political participation programmes.
- Act as focal point for knowledge management on women’s political participation, represent the team at corporate Knowledge Management focal points meetings and liaise with other knowledge management specialists as needed.
- Provide substantive inputs to funding proposals, donor report and other reports as requested.
- Manage the implementation and coordination of UN Women’s global community of practice on women’s political participation
- Implement and coordinate communications and activities for UN Women’s global Community of Practice (COP) on women’s political participation to help facilitate cross-regional knowledge sharing, including through monthly updates to the COP.
- Oversee the organization of a global COP meeting on women’s political participation.
- Document lessons learned and good practices on women’s political participation programming, ensuring that knowledge from programmes are documented, stored and disseminated among colleagues.
- Ensure the relevant UN Women Intranet pages and Knowledge Library on SharePoint are updated.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in international development, gender studies, political science, management, or another relevant field is required.
- University Degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- 7 year’s of experience in managing projects and building capacity on women’s political participation for diverse groups.
- Experience designing and implementing women’s political participation programmes.
- Experience drafting and coordinating production of knowledge products on women’s political participation.
- Experience working in the field of Knowledge Management; familiarity with different Knowledge Management approaches including the development of practice communities and the use of ICT/web-based systems (familiarity with SharePoint an asset).
- Experience in programme analysis, evaluation and results-based management is an asset.
- Experience designing and delivering trainings and workshops an asset.
- Working experience in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a developed or developing country is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of French and/or other UN official working languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UN Women.