Deadline: 21 August 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Operations and Finance in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief of Operations and Finance will perform the following functions:
- Operational Management
- Lead ECW’s Workstream/Team on Governance, which includes accountability for, financing, operations and administrative processes, and ensures that the work of ECW and its Operational Manual is coordinated and aligned with the relevant ECW governance structure and approvals.
- Advise ECW Director on finance, human resource and administrative matters providing guidance on all financial and operational submissions for the approval of the Executive Board.
- Brief office staff on financial, human resource and administrative policies and procedures providing authoritative advice.
- Provide technical guidance and oversight to junior Operations staff in ECW and swiftly resolves operational issues.
- Liaise with the Fund Support Office and other offices of UNICEF as a hosting agency with regards to financial, administrative and human resources rules and regulations.
- Lead support services on procurement.
- Promote the effective and efficient management of the Fund in accordance with relevant financial, operational and administrative rules, policies, procedures and standards based on annual work plans and available human and financial resources.
- Lead the development, maintenance and updating of internal operational procedures and policy guidance.
- Ensure compliance with relevant internal and external partners guidelines, including Standard Operating Procedures.
- Planning and Policy Guidance
- Coordinate ECW processes in planning and management, including operational governance body initiatives and requests.
- Monitor and manage budget processes.
- Ensure all other operational reporting requirements are fully met for the office.
- Monitor compliance with all operational systems and procedures and ensures integrity in all financial and other administrative operations of the office.
- Advice on financial sustainability and programme resources management.
- Field support
- Review financial country investments and budget status and advises the ECW Director accordingly.
- Provide operational and financial guidance and ensures financial quality oversight of ECW investments.
- Develop the finance, budget and administrative components of the Multi-year investments, ensuring that in-country financial contributions to ECW’s Multi-Year investments are tracked and monitored.
- Lead the preparation of budget in line with the ECW priorities, and the accompanying justification and documentation.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management, Financial management, Accounting, Public Finance and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, International Business etc.).
- Minimum 10 year’s of professional development experience with a strong record on financial management as well as operational and administrative management, combining intellectual and supervisory skills, is required.
- Proven experience in development cooperation at the international level, including field experience in emergency and crisis countries is required.
- Experience in Results-Based Management is required.
- Previous hands on experience in strategic and managerial leadership capacity is required.
- Relevant professional experience in a UN system agency or global non-governmental organization or governmental organization is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Experience in managing successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Prior experience working with diverse stakeholder groups or multi-stakeholder partnership is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.