Deadline: 24 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Specialist in New York, United States.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for coordinating the work of consultant researchers and organizing the quality review and fact-checking of content, information materials and products undertaken by the Division.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Research of documents (including Internet-based materials), interviews with experts, and other knowledge sources suitable for use in writing publications, including specific, appropriate statistics.
- Lead team of consultant researchers assigned to fact-checking publications and other materials for accuracy, completeness, currency and consistency with UNICEF policies and programmes.
- Draft UNICEF entries in yearbooks, directories and other publications by external publishers.
- Checks accuracy of information with UNICEF database and relevant staff.
- Establish and maintain a repository of documented knowledge and best practices, interface with external experts and audiences.
- Select, acquire and index publications and other materials relevant to the Division’s work.
- Assess appropriateness of requests for permission to reprint UNICEF materials and respond to them.
- Respond to other requests for information.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in international affairs, journalism, social sciences or other development-related field.
- First level university degree in combination with 2 years additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in research, fact-checking and writing to a high international standard.
- Fluency in English and another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.