Deadline: 6 December 2021
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communications Officer – Global Infrastructure in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Officer – Global Infrastructure will perform the following functions:
- Plan, design, prepare, execute, and monitor communications strategies, activities, and campaigns about IFC’s Global Infrastructure work in energy, transport, water and waste, cities, mining, digital infrastructure and sustainable infra advisory.
- Contribute to reputational risk mitigation strategies related to infrastructure sectors.
- Determine the types of information and communications activities that are best suited to address issues or needs.
- Initiate, build, and sustain effective professional relationships with key internal and external contacts (including media, infrastructure partners, online media hubs, etc.).
- Identify opportunities for and forge strategic partnerships both inside and outside IFC to improve dialogue and outreach and to strengthen IFC’s Global Infrastructure reach.
- Monitor and analyze current events, including media monitoring.
- Advise sector teams, and technical teams on trends, news developments, or changing/unexpected circumstances that may impact IFC and its work and help to determine appropriate strategic responses.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree and minimum 6 year’s relevant professional experience, in a relevant discipline (communications, journalism, economics, finance, business administration, development studies, or international relations).
- Experience in communicating complex technical concepts in a clear, compelling, and concise manner and developing messages that are accessible to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong writing, editing, and speaking skills in English and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style for a variety of platforms including digital media.
- Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to function as a team player in a multicultural team, within and across teams, and deliver on complex and sometimes parallel tasks on very tight deadlines
- Proven ability to capture trends, case studies and innovations in communications products in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner.
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.