Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Controller in New Haven, United States.
The Controller will maintain and improve existing processes and reporting.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Controller will perform the following functions-
- The Controller will report to the CFO, will manage staff in the US and will liaise with staff in international offices.
- Support the CFO in the daily financial operations of the company.
- Oversee AP, Payroll, and General Ledger functions.
- Monthly cash flow forecasting, P&L analysis.
- Monitor/review/prepare the month end accounts and management reporting.
- Review schedules for all balance sheet accounts to be ready for annual audit.
- Develop and maintain appropriate accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly financials (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and cash flow forecasts).
- Participate in the annual budget process.
- Supervise the collections process.
- Manage and mentor staff members.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science/Business Administration in Accounting with an MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 7+ year’s professional financial experience, preferably within an international non-profit or multinational corporation.
- Experience in managing and leading a multi-cultural team.
- Hands-on experience in accounting software, preferably Sage/Abila.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll System.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.