Childfund International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Cost Proposal Development Consultant at Childfund in Washington D.C., United States.
The Cost Proposal Development Consultant will work with ChildFund’s partners to offer guidance for the development of budgets, conduct budget review and participate in budget negotiations.
ChildFund exists to help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Cost Proposal Development Consultant will perform the following functions-
- Provide just in time cost training to ChildFund’s finance staff in-country for the preparation of pricing tables.
- Maintain well-documented records of cost estimates and assumptions used for the development of the cost proposal.
- Review cost data and quotes for accuracy.
- Prepare budget, budget narrative and assemble full cost volume.
- Prepared customized budget template and other forms, adapting ChildFund’s existing budget template and forms.
- Advise on the proposed pricing strategy to make proposals more competitive and cost effective.
- Recommend strategic and tactical solution modifications to the capture manager that improve the win probability.
- Provide remote support to in-country Finance Manager, to prepare the first draft of the budget.
- Conduct initial cost recovery review and finalize budget and narrative for yellow and red team review.
- Coordinate review of budget with different members of the proposal team.
- Review sub-grantees budgets, prepare feedback and support budget negotiations with sub-grantees.
- Participate in yellow and red team reviews, facilitating decision-making and producing budget versions.
- Maintain alignment between cost and technical volumes.
- Ensure quality control of final version of cost volume (electronic and hard copies).
- Ensure compliance with 2CFR200 and solicitation requirements.
- Support the development of the management section if needed.
Applicants must have-
- BA in accounting, administration, economics or relevant field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience leading development of competitive USAID cost proposals.
- Proven experience developing successful cost proposals for USAID in the range of $25 to $50 million.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to monitor compliance with 2CFR200.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Childfund.