Deadline: 22 December 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief (Lead Procurement Specialist)–Corporate Procurement in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief (Lead Procurement Specialist)–Corporate Procurement will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for overall management of Corporate Procurement’s Category Support and Infrastructure teams including defining goals, priorities, policies/procedures and compliance requirements and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for supporting the category management teams, including defining goals, priorities, requirements, staff recruitment and key performance indicators etc.
- Provide oversight of procurement techniques and strategies to achieve best value of goods and services.
- Monitor quality in process and documentation and continuous improvement in work methods.
- Responsible for developing and implementing approaches to ensure consistency of process and practice across business units.
- Provide oversight to assure compliance with WBG procurement policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other diverse units across WBG.
- Guide the development of policies, directives, procedures, guidelines and templates in support of the corporate procurement and contracting process.
- Promote strategic procurement for complex and high-risk contracts and strategies and tools for routine procurement to achieve procurement efficiencies and value creation and savings.
- Design, develop and produce reports to quantify work efforts including vendor performance, achieve value creation, work allocation, productivity, service levels, innovation and trends.
- Guide and promote a robust supplier diversity program.
- Guide and promote a robust environmental purchase program.
Applicants must have:
- MA/MS (advanced Degree with a major in a relevant discipline e.g. engineering, law, procurement, finance, business or commerce).
- 15 year’s relevant experience, including a minimum of 12 year’s of experience leading and supervising procurement teams for large organizations.
- International Organizations experience would be desirable.
- Ability to work with critical stakeholders without being constrained by hierarch and understands their “political” positions.
- Knowledge and understanding of category management as it relates to the implementation of complex, multi-functional projects in varied geographical and economic conditions.
- Knowledge and extensive experience in all aspects of complex negotiations across a wide range of complex issues.
- Knowledge of procurement techniques and programs; and can address broader issues of implementation and impact at the institutional level.
- Knowledge of a range of numerous categories, markets and interrelationships between them.
- Knowledge of team leadership and achieving challenging outcomes; mentoring and enhancing the team leadership skills of team members.
- Maintain client relationships in the face of conflicting demands or directions and provides evidence-based advice and solutions based on sound diagnosis and knowledge.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.