Deadline: 30 October 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director Independent Evaluation Office in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Director Independent Evaluation Office will perform the following functions-
- Leadership and strategic planning
- Provide intellectual and organizational leadership and strategic guidance to UNDP’s evaluation function and implementing the UNDP evaluation policy.
- Develop the IEO’s annual workplan, which encompasses all workstreams, including approximately 20 evaluations, corporate support and evaluation knowledge management.
- Responsible for fostering an environment of methodological rigor and professional empowerment of IEO’s team to live up to the high standards expected by the stakeholders.
- Support the Director in managing interactions with the UNDP’s Senior Management, the Executive Board, and other external/ internal stakeholders.
- Management Oversight and supervision
- Incumbent will exercise management oversight in the implementation of the substantive overall programme of work of the office.
- Senior staff including team leaders and provides direct inputs to policy and methodological positions of the IEO.
- Responsible for early engagement in evaluation process to assure quality and substance, provision of substantive guidance as the work progresses and management of issues relating to policy, political sensitivity, credibility and use of evaluations.
- Administrative, Financial, and Human Resource management and accountability
- Incumbent is responsible for oversight and accountability of core resources and extra-budgetary funds mobilized from donors.
- Secure the accountability and smooth functioning of the office, the incumbent will exercise oversight and executive responsibility over the office budget, recruitment of staff and consultants, all financial expenditure and procurement, and operations support.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree(Master’s) in social sciences, economics, business or public administration.
- 15 year’s experience in progressively responsible and relevant professional experience in conducting and managing evaluations at international level.
- Experience of conducting evaluations for United Nations organizations, and/or other multilateral and bilateral development organizations.
- Experience in managing operations in the UN system at the corporate level or any other multilateral development organization.
- Acquaintance with UNDP’s operations is also desirable.
- Working language is English.
- Fluency in Spanish, French or any other UN official language is strongly advantageous.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.