Deadline: 28 December2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Executive Director, Partnerships, Assistant Secretary General in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Executive Director, Partnerships, Assistant Secretary General will perform the following functions:
- Leadership in Transformational Engagement and Partnerships:
- Lead the formulation and effective implementation of UNICEF’s fundraising and partnership strategies.
- Global Resource Mobilization:
- Expand, transform, and guide UNICEF’s engagement, policy dialogue and advocacy to promote the mobilization of quality resources for the UNICEF Strategic Plan focusing on a broad and diverse base of partners and partnerships also assumes responsibility for UNICEF’s strategic direction and cooperation with private sector partners and all revenue generation from private fundraising.
- Communications and Media:
- Oversee planning and execution of the work plans for Media, Digital Strategy, Public Advocacy, Internal Communication and all global communication activities.
- Guide efforts to develop and capitalize on new and emerging opportunities for resource mobilization, innovative financing and partnerships, and communication.
- Partnership Guidance at Regional and Country Levels:
- Provide high level advice to regional and country offices in applying organizational policies and standards of practice in all aspects of partnership as well as sharing information on trends, opportunities and guidance on engagement and collaboration with key partners in the UN system in line with the repositioning of the United Nations development and resident coordination system.
- Management and Administration:
- Effectively and efficiently directs and manages UNICEF’s resources in accordance with relevant rules, policies, procedures and standards, and promotes a work environment supportive of UNICEF’s staff as its greatest asset.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in international relations, public administration, political or social sciences, business administration, or related area.
- At least 13 year’s progressively responsible professional experience in leading and managing diverse and complex teams at an international level, including, but not limited to, international organizations, governments, private sector or NGOs.
- Experience in leading and managing communications, media relations and public advocacy.
- Track record in international resource mobilization and strategic partnership building.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style, and demonstrated ability to work in a diverse multicultural, multi-ethnic environment, including working effectively in inter-agency and cross-sectoral leadership teams.
- Excellent political and diplomatic skills, combined with a proven ability to achieve results in a complex political environment.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English, and working knowledge of another official UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.