Deadline: 3 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director, Nutrition and ECD, Programme Group in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Nutrition and ECD, Programme Group will perform the following functions:
- Policy Development and Programme Guidance
- Formulate institutional strategies, identify programme priorities, develop policies, and delineate recommended actions to deliver on UNICEF Strategic Plan outputs within the Nutrition outcome area, in consultation with Headquarters, Regional and Country Office counterparts as well as relevant partners as appropriate, and including review and revision of existing policies.
- Capacity Development
- Develop and support the implementation of training strategies for national capacity building in nutrition for both nutrition specific and sensitive interventions, with a special emphasis on equity-programming.
- Advocacy and Partnership Management
- Advocate for children’s right to good nutrition including by representing UNICEF in global, regional and country level advocacy and technical venues, often serving as the representative and spokesperson of the Executive Director on Nutrition policy issues.
- Resource Mobilization
- Identify, develop, pursue and secure funding opportunities for UNICEF’s nutrition programmes with multilateral and bi-lateral agencies, non-governmental organizations, private foundations and other emerging donors.
- Management of the Nutrition and Child Development Programme Team
- As Director, Nutrition in UNICEF’s New York Headquarters, the incumbent establishes, manages and maintains the highest quality standards for efficient and effective operation of the Nutrition and Child Development Team, including recruitment, orientation and supervision of professional and support staff formulation and monitoring of the annual workplan, management and monitoring of the budget including approval of travel plans fulfilment of reporting requirements and oversight of day-to-day issues as required.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in Maternal and Child Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, or relevant social sciences is required.
- Minimum 15 year’s professional experience, including in developing countries and with at least 10 year’s at the international level, including in senior leadership and management positions.
- Excellent intellectual, programmatic and technical skills.
- Wide recognition in the field of Nutrition globally, including publishing record.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an important asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.