Deadline: 2 August 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services in New York, United States.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Director, Office of Audit and Investigation Services will perform the following functions:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership in establishing and meeting the objectives and priorities of the internal audit and investigation functions assigned to OAIS.
- Provide assurance to the UNFPA Executive Board, the Executive Director, and the Oversight Advisory Committee on the governance, risk management and control framework of UNFPA, by directing assurance and advisory services and reporting on the integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of UNFPA.
- Direct the development and submission of a risk-based annual audit plan for review by the Oversight Advisory Committee and approval by the Executive Director oversee the implementation thereof, and timely report to the Executive Director and the Oversight Advisory Committee on its status, including any modifications, scope restrictions, or limitations.
- Direct the conduct or supervision of all investigative activities within UNFPA, in respect of all relevant UNFPA policies and procedures.
- Ensure the quality of internal audit and investigation deliverables the application of professional standards in internal audit and in investigation, including the maintenance of quality and improvement programmes the allocation and the efficient and effective use of financial and human resources the implementation and improvement of tools and processes.
- Keep the Executive Board, the Executive Director, the Oversight Advisory Committee, and management abreast of emerging trends and practices affecting internal and investigation activities.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in business or public administration, accounting, finance, law or other relevant field.
- Professional certification from an internationally recognized auditing or accountancy body
and certification in fraud examination or being admitted to the bar is desirable but not required.
- Proven track record (at least 15 year’s) progressively responsible experience for a combination of auditing, investigation, risk management, internal controls, and governance structures and mechanisms, with at least 10 year’s experience at senior management and policymaking level, leading a large complement of multi-disciplinary personnel in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate professional competence and success in advising on and implementing change management and strategic improvements in organizational governance and oversight.
- Demonstrate high level of diligence, maturity, responsibility, integrity and ethics, objectivity, impartiality and fairness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.