Deadline: 28 February 2021
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Donor Relations Specialist (Contractor) in San Francisco, CA, United States.
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month – and its sister sites. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 companies, supported by a community of millions of individual donors.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Donor Relations Specialist (Contractor) will perform the following functions:
- Work with a global team of colleagues to respond to donor inquiries via email efficiently and professionally in multiple languages.
- Respond to donor inquiries and assisting donors via telephone in English.
- Act as an ambassador for the Wikimedia Foundation brand and Wikipedia.
- As the first line of contact for tens of thousands of donors each year, interaction is done with an eye to making each correspondence a chance to positively engage donors.
- Acquire broad understanding of our macro responses and useful phrases, and when to appropriately apply each response, and using categorization systems to prioritize and tag inquiries based on needed data (donation issues, payment methods, country, language, etc.) in order to generate metrics.
- Acquire broad knowledge base of the Wikimedia Foundation’s fundraising program, our payment methods, and our donation flows across different fundraising campaigns.
- Become proficient in Zendesk, CiviCRM database, multiple payment service provider portals and systems that are used.
- Acquire broad knowledge base of Wikimedia Foundation projects to efficiently respond to donor inquiries and educate our donors about Wikimedia’s mission and how Wikipedia works.
- Work with team leads to stay informed of Wikimedia Foundation, community, and media developments to efficiently answer any related donor inquiries.
- Problem solving for donors investigating why donations failed, fraud, database issues, etc.
- Administration of donor records, as needed, to ensure our donor base is up to date and accurate, with an eye to having each donor’s history of support accurately reflected in their record.
Applicants must have:
- Willingness to learn a large and evolving knowledge base, and to deploy it creatively to solve problems and help donors.
- Consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English and customer-service orientation.
- Experience with spreadsheets and a CRM database.
- Professional attitude and willingness to collaborate and maintain positive, respectful relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the capacities to prioritize multiple workflows and frequently adapt to new developments.
- 3+ year’s related experience.
- Flexible and open to change and new information.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment.
- Ability to work effectively in multiple cultural contexts.
- Fluency in languages other than English, particularly French, Spanish, or Italian.
- Experience with non-profit fundraising or online payment processing.
- Interest in the global free knowledge movement, free / open-source software, and collaborative technology.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, Wikimedia Foundation.