Deadline: 1 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of ECD Specialist – Evidence and Knowledge Management in United States. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The ECD Specialist – Evidence and Knowledge Management will perform the following functions:
- Strategic Management of ECD Knowledge and Evidence
- Provide technical coordination to establish an ECD knowledge management strategy/action plan to facilitate effective generation and dissemination of latest ECD knowledge and evidence to leverage the impact of ECD programming impact globally.
- Contribution to effective ECD Programme Planning, Monitoring and Delivery
- Coordinate planning of evidence and knowledge management activities for the HQ ECD Programme Work Plan 2022 with clearly defined results/deliverables, resources, accountabilities and implementation timeframe.
- Capacity development
- Provide timely support to ROs and COs to facilitate adoption and roll out of global knowledge goods, including population-based measurement for child development outcome (ECDI2030) and ECD investment benchmarks.
- Cross-sectoral coordination and support for partnerships
- Coordinate with other Programme Group (PG) sections, HQ Divisions and other concerned parties to ensure integration and coherence of ECD knowledge and evidence agenda in respective SP Goal Areas and sectors.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, public administration, public health, nutrition, economics, psychology, sociology, human development, child development, family studies or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience relevant to knowledge management, planning and monitoring in early childhood development or other related areas is required.
- Working experience at the international and/or in a developing country is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.