Deadline: 25 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Ethics Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 6 months.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Ethics Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide accurate, timely and confidential advice and guidance to staff at all levels to ensure compliance with the UN Staff Regulations and Rules, relevant and applicable UNICEF Executive Directives and the Standards of Conduct for the International Civil Service.
- Respond to individual consultations by UNICEF staff on ethical issues, including on conflicts of interest, the acceptance of gifts, outside employment and activities, the employment of relatives and other issues that might give rise to ethical concerns.
- Administer the UNICEF Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure Program; provide guidance on issues that have been disclosed in order to prevent or manage possible conflicts of interest.
- Assist in the development of new policies in the ethics, integrity and compliance field and ensure that existing policies are up to date and in line with best practices.
- Provide input and comments on the UNICEF Global Staff Survey, monitor trends and conduct an analysis into the underlying causes of ethical dilemmas for staff and workplace conflict.
- Develop training and outreach materials, as well as plan and conduct training activities in UNICEF/HQ and country offices and centers, to help raise staff awareness of ethical standards and expected behavior inside and outside the workplace.
- Assist the Director of Ethics in the management of complaints of protection against retaliation.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university Degree (Master’s or higher) in law, ethics, auditing, public or business administration, social sciences or a related field from a recognized institution.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s combined national and international progressively responsible experience in organizational ethics, law, corporate compliance, auditing, governance, anti-corruption activities or employee relations.
- Previous experience in a U.N. or other international organization would be an asset.
- Develop country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.