Deadline: 26 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of External Affairs Officer (Digital Media) in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The External Affairs Officer (Digital Media) will perform the following functions-
- Oversee and manage the World Bank MENA online, including identifying, developing and publishing relevant content for MENA audiences
- Develop and execute online content strategies in consultation with the ECRMN Manager and staff.
- Prepare and maintain a web editorial calendar in coordination with country and GP regional staff.
- Ensure that all web sections and website content in English are up to date and perform per governance and editorial guidelines, making changes to corporate multilingual pages as necessary.
- Ensure the quality of original content and translations on MENA site and online channels.
- Establish key performance indicators and review web metrics reports; share results and recommendations with corporate and regional management and staff.
- Develop and lead the implementation of online campaigns to target and engage MENA audiences, and measure success in achieving goals.
- Lead on the overall editorial strategy for the World Bank’s social media presence in MENA
- Design and execute social media campaigns and initiatives, working in close coordination with CO ECRMN communication staff and MENA GPs on content and message development, and ensure coordinated planning and execution with other relevant WBG units.
- Coordinate strategy and production of visual assets (organic and paid) between web, multimedia and regions.
- Work with language editors to help implement campaigns in English, Arabic and French languages.
- Share packages to Web producers and upload assets and messages to Hootsuite.
- Develop and expand the Bank’s MENA online community, including influencer outreach, and strategies for increasing positive interactions with our social media audience (ie, responding to questions, live and other engagement opportunities); be an advocate for the Bank in social media conversations.
- Use data to measure key performance indicators for each corporate channel, continually monitoring for progress against our goals and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve positive results.
- Provide monthly reports on the Bank’s social media performance, identifying opportunities, issues and areas of influence.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in communications, international relations/public affairs, journalism, marketing, political science or other related disciplines, with 5 year’s (with master’s) or 8 year’s (with Bachelor’s) of relevant experience.
- Experience using multiple Web Content Management Systems to publish digital content, including working with multimedia, and ability to effectively use Photoshop.
- Experience using social media publishing tools such as Hootsuite.
- Experience using social media listening tools, such as Talkwalker, as well as experience with web and social analytics and tools.
- Ability to edit video and audio a plus.
- Ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with staff at various levels, from senior management to unit-level communications staff, to demonstrate how social campaigns deliver impact to broader business and marketing objectives.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Flickr etc).
- Ability to apply creative ideas for how to engage/interact on them.
- Excellent copy editing and writing skills to produce top-level content and provide editorial oversight for social media channels.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic and or French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.