Deadline: 30 August 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions:
- Quality of ERP financial data:
- Clean-up balance sheet accounts.
- Monitor FOs and HQ expense accounts.
- Quality of assigned balance sheet accounts:
- Review and provide support and guidance to FOs and HQ on proper accounts monitoring and reconciliation.
- Follow up on issues and long outstanding balances.
- Overall financial support and guidance to professional and support levels operations staff at FOs and HQ:
- Ensure full compliance with UNFPA Financial Regulations and Rules, policies and procedures.
- Follow up on audit recommendations implementation.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education with supplemental training in accounting is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or other related field is desirable but not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting and/or finance is required.
- Proficiency in use of excel, word processing and computerized accounting systems is required.
- Knowledge of ERP Oracle Peoplesoft is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.