Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance & Budget Associate in New Haven, United States.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance & Budget Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assist with management of grants/contracts as they relate to budget preparation, grant set-up, administration and accounting.
- Responsible for budgetary control of $40 million grant and contract portfolio and proper expense classification based on grantor guidelines.
- Monitor compliance with programmatic objectives, financial expenditures, and reporting requirements as outlined in the contracts and grant agreements, including requirements under A-133.
- Prepare and submit timely, accurate, comprehensive financial data reports to fulfill grant requirements.
- Advise Program Directors in preparing budget modifications, carryover requests, extension requests and other reports to the Donor, as needed.
- Participate in Month End Close process by entering journal entries assigned.
- Prepare grant billings, reconcile and monitor receivables and pursue unpaid bills.
- Monitor expiring grant budgets and provide information for grant close-out per Donor regulations.
- Participate in annual budget exercise for the entire organization.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of schedules for the year-end financial and OMB A-133 audits.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an organization as a staff accountant.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular EXCEL and WORD.
- Familiarity with Sage Accounting system desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.