Deadline: 4 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to financial planning and management
- Provide support to the Transactions Efficiency Project with GSSC in streamlining and centralizing transactions in the Programme Operations Hub to minimize cost, reduce duplication of work and maximize efficiencies.
- Control of accounts
- Monitor and analyze financial transactions, accounting reports and reconciliation of accounts to ensure accurate and current financial information for applicable compliance (e.g. IPSAS, donor reporting, internal policies) and management oversight, planning and/or action.
- Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control
- Support the office with up-to-date information to make operational and programmatic risk informed decisions and improve performance, with the support of the enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (eGRC) platform.
- Knowledge and capacity building
- Promote a culture of highest ethical standards and behavior in management of UNICEF’s resources.
- Support initiatives for management improvement by capturing, institutionalizing, and sharing best practices and lessons learned.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in accounting, financial management, business management or another related financial field is required and supplemental formal financial / accounting training may be accepted if university Degree is not in a related financial field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience at the national and/or international level specifically in more than one operations management areas including budget, financial management and reporting, administration, supply and logistics, contracts management or audit is required.
- Experience in a UN system agency or organization some of which served in a Country Office is considered as an asset.
- Experience in database packages, web based management systems and ERP systems (preferably SAP financial/supply/funds/grants management modules) is highly desirable.
- Experience with IPSAS and/or IFRS is considered as an asset.
- Strong communication (oral, written) skills in English.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.