Deadline: 21 October 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the W process and production of deliverables, including the Budget Paper.
- Define goal and milestone, allocating activities and tasks to relevant parties, engaging with multiple business owners and subject matter experts across the organization, writing certain sections of the deliverables including the Budget Paper, carrying out the quality control checks, working with the relevant Secretariat (MT/Board) to manage processes, facilitating regular core and extended team discussions, setting agenda for meetings and preparing relevant materials, ensuring follow-up actions are taken after meetings, developing presentations and outlining key messages, contributing to management briefs and reports, seeking and incorporating feedback from IFC Management, sharing best practices and lessons learned and continuously improving standard processes.
- Establish and maintain interface with stakeholders, within own Department/VPU and regional teams, and across Departments/VPUs.
- Serve as an active member on corporate projects that require CBARM participation or coordination.
Applicants must have:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- 7-10 year’s of relevant financial management experience in a corporate setting.
- Ability to convey information to various audiences (i.e., Board, SMT, Management, staff) in a clear and concise way.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial concepts involving budget formulation, IFC’s funding sources, expense monitoring, and fundamental financial/expense controls.
- Knowledge of SAP, BW, AO, SBD and other Resource Management systems used by IFC is a plus.
- Sound judgment, proactive and action oriented, high degree of initiative and ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Knowledge of IFC’s business model is a plus.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Problem-solving and flexibility in thinking.
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to hear others’ ideas and make changes in plans or thinking as a result (as appropriate).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.