Deadline: 20 January 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader, Research in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Leader, Research will perform the following functions:
- Management and Administration
- Identify and implement best practices in financial monitoring, reporting, and risk management in the operations of the Team.
- Participate in negotiations with donor agencies and financial institutions regarding individual project proposals and agreements whenever necessary to ensure that financial aspects in such instruments are acceptable to PAHO administrative practices in accordance with the Financial Regulations and Rules of PAHO.
- Other Duties
- As the Business Process Expert for Awards-Voluntary Contributions, provide systems analysis regarding scheduled upgrades, systems anomalies, and future requirements.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, accounting, communications, languages, liberal arts, international relations or in a social science related to the functions of the post, from a recognized University.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) or a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration would be an asset.
- 7 year’s combined national and international experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in management of voluntary contribution portfolios and donor relationships.
- Experience working with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and/or Workday Financial Management Modules would be an asset.
- Experience with complex ERP systems particularly with regards to financial, accounting, and/or project management operations.
- Expertise in financial accounting and reporting, including experience in analyzing, reconciling, reviewing and consolidating various financial reports into executive-level reports, and preparing a comprehensive analysis of status, variances, and future scenarios.
- Very good knowledge of English with a working knowledge of Spanish.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively use a computer and programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Workday would be an asset.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.