Deadline: 7 June 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Officer in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Financial Officer will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the group’s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and valuation of financial instruments.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review accounting entries and perform daily/monthly control activities for the borrowings and liquid investments portfolios.
- Analyze accounting results as they relate to the portfolios of the financial instruments unit to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or those deviations are understood and adequately documented.
- Preparation and quality assurance of calculated market data, evaluation of data sources, and verification of the data reliability.
- Produce valuations for the financial instruments’ portfolios, utilizing Summit and Numerix modeling tools.
- Compare and analyze WB valuations versus corresponding Counterparty valuations and other alternative sources.
- Analyze the results of sensitivity to market movements by utilizing Summit tools and formalizing into procedures and reporting.
- Provide client services to clients within and outside the Bank by providing financial information, training programs and related materials.
- Contribute to cross-unit initiatives and Bank-wide initiatives representing WFASF’s views on matters.
- Fiduciary responsibility in reviewing policies and procedures and ensure they are correctly followed.
- Translate new initiatives or financial products into new processes and/or system requirements.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls.
- Provide analysis of results to management and other units in the Bank.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics.
- CPA/CA/ACCA and/or FRM/PRM and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in accounting and pertaining to financial instruments, loans transactions, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional experience with major financial institutions with practical knowledge of interest rate curve construction, yield and FX volatility surfaces and correlations, as well as Bond/Swap valuation methods including cancellable instruments.
- English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.