International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Reporting Manager in Washington D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 year.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external financial statements and other financial reporting.
IFPRI’s mission is to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Reporting Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage the preparation of timely, accurate and meaningful financial reports for management and external constituents.
- Actively participate in the month end close, including the preparation and/or review of journal entries and reconciliations.
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with donor requirements.
- Research and analyze technical accounting issues pertaining to GAAP.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process to reduce the time to close the financial period.
- Coordinate preparation of annual 990 returns.
- Support yearend closing.
- Assist in the preparation of PBC schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Participate in special projects utilizing technical accounting and analytical skills to make recommendations.
- Coordinate annual budget preparation.
- Supervise three staff of the financial reporting unit.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus 10 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree plus 7 years of experience.
- CPA with at least 7 years of experience in non-profit organization preferably in project cost environment using Deltek – Costpoint and Cognos.
- 2 years of management experience is required.
- Supervisory and leadership skills with minimum 3 years supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP combined with the ability to research and proposes company positions on accounting issues.
- Solid understanding of indirect rate structure for international non-profits and government contracts.
- Strong computer aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills and experience with data presentation, pivot tables and ad hoc modeling.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFPRI.