Deadline: 22 September 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist/Economist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 4 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Specialist/Economist will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic and operational support to the Health, Nutrition and Population program in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
- Support design and implementation of the next phase of the COVID-19 health response focusing on vaccines financing and implementation.
- Support the design of the next phase of the health systems strengthening agenda, which will focus on public health and pandemics preparedness.
- Contribute to the technical discussions and monitoring of the Bank portfolio in close collaboration with the relevant government agencies and development partners.
- Assist the teams in policy dialogue, communications and interactions with government counterparts, country stakeholders as well as development partners.
- Contribute to sector-specific inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g. sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc).
- Review and contribute to sector-specific policy and other documents related to the countries under responsibility.
- Support partnerships with government actors, multilateral agencies and bilateral donors engaged in the health sector, including through an active external resource mobilization effort.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate Degrees (Master’s Degree required, PhD or equivalent would be an asset) in public health, epidemiology, economics, health economics, public policy, business administration or related social sciences field, combined degrees will have an added advantage.
- 2 year’s of experience in one or more of the following areas, health systems, public health program management, service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, operations research in health economics, results-based financing.
- Experience in 2 or more of these areas is advantageous.
- Experience in an international development institution (public, NGO or private) is preferred.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment is essential.
- Knowledge of the Latin American and Caribbean Region is an asset.
- Knowledge of record of high standards/accountability for work products, meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks within his/her work program and strategies for working collectively with others on the team to deliver products of the highest caliber.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.