Deadline: 1 April 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HR Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The HR Specialist will be responsible for implementing the above-mention activities for the designated Divisions at Headquarters and the Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The HR Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide technical and coordination support to Designated Divisions and Offices in the implementation of existing and new human resources (HR) policies, guidelines, procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs) within the assigned portfolio, in coordination with the Global HR Thematic leads:
- Provide technical support to managers and staff on all aspects of the employment life cycle.
- Coordinate with or refer to HR thematic leads as appropriate.
- Pro-actively advise and guide Offices within the assigned portfolio in implementing new and existing policies, guidelines and procedures in relation to HR operations (contract management (staff and complementary personnel), recruitment and selection, performance management, staff development and training, workplace engagement.
- Facilitate the Recruitment and Selection processes for the assigned portfolio:
- Facilitate timely, transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes for international professional positions and general service positions within the assigned portfolio, including review of the job descriptions, initial screening of applications, clearance of the shortlists, facilitation of the interview panels, assessment of the candidates and submission of the results of the selection process for the approval by the relevant approving authorities in accordance with the UN Women policies and procedures, in coordination with the global thematic Recruitment Lead.
- Pro-actively work with the management of the designated offices to reduce the time-to-recruit KPI (target of 12 weeks from ad to offer).
- Facilitate the annual performance management process for the assigned portfolio:
- Provide pro-active advice on all aspects of the performance management process in coordination with the global thematic performance management specialist.
- Facilitate the timely and qualitative completion of the performance management process, as per the timelines set in the policy.
- Promote a positive and inclusive work environment, in close coordination with the Workplace Relations Specialist and Learning team at Headquarters:
- Provide technical support to management of the designated offices in analyzing the workplace survey results and initiate action plan.
- Coordinate training for new managers on HR operational and people management responsibilities.
- Coordinate communication and outreach activities:
- Promote transparent communication with the relevant offices on all matters pertaining to all personnel.
- Provide inputs to HR’s outreach platforms, including intranet, internet and other sources, as applicable.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, Public Administration or other relevant social sciences.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management or related area.
- Experience in recruitment and selection, benefits administration, and workplace relations are required.
- Minimum 2 years work experience internationally.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Experience as a HR Business Partner is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset (e.g. French).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.