Deadline: 22 April 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Coordination for the Global Mentoring Initiative
- Serve as the Global Programme Coordinator and single point of contact for the Global Mentoring Initiative, overseeing all aspects of the continuing management, development, implementation and global rollout and evaluation of the mentoring framework at UNICEF.
- Liaise with HQ Divisions, regional and country offices and other organizational units to provide advice, support and contribute to localized mentoring strategy formulation and implementation, maximizing efficiencies and identifying and promoting mentoring best practices across the organization.
- Programme Administration and Mainstreaming of Corporate Mentoring Streams
- Oversee the management, design, planning and administration of specific organization-wide corporate mentoring programmes with focus on organizational priorities, including end-to-end management and support of the participants enrolled in these programmes.
- Coordinate each corporate stream ensuring quality assurance and evaluation of the effectiveness of the programme to participants.
- Coordination for learning activities related to Diversity & Inclusion
- Guidance of the Chief of L&D, serve as the L&D focal person and project manager for the organizational learning activities related to Diversity & Inclusion, overseeing all aspects of the management, development, implementation and global rollout and evaluation of various identified D&I learning initiatives at UNICEF.
- Liaise with HQ Divisions, regional and country offices and other organizational units to provide advice, support and contribute to localized D&I learning strategy formulation and implementation, and identifying and promoting learning best practices on D&I issues across the organization.
- Strategic Human Resources Capacity Development
- Guidance of the Chief of L&D and in close collaboration with other team members leading HR capacity development project, manage identified learning initiatives for the HR community (including development and implementation of learning paths and curriculum for HR capacity building, eg. Bite-sized learning events, just-in-time learning resources via OneHR Knowledge Connect, OneHR External Knowledge Bank, etc).
- Support the continuing capacity building of UNICEF’s global HR community to better serve the global staff by recommending learning resources which strengthen HR capacity to contribute effectively to business goals.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree (Master’s) in human resource management, business management, international relations, psychology or other related social science field is required.
- Minimum 5 year’s increasingly responsible professional experience in organizational learning and development in an international organization and/or large corporation is required.
- Experience of working with service providers and contractors and experience in financial and budget monitoring is required.
- Experience in learning technologies, design and delivery of learning programmes, including mentoring programmes, would be an advantage.
- Experience in supporting the design, administering and working with a Learning Management System is desired.
- Experience and skills of facilitating virtual events would be an advantage.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to identify and analyze systemic issues, formulate opinions and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Knowledge of UNICEF financial and contracting policies and procedures is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiatives and build strong, productive relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse organization, tailoring language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrate ability of providing technical and strategic leadership to partners in designing and implementing successful learning strategies.
- Familiarity of working with e-learning development tools would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.