Deadline: 9 February 2021
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Investment Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Investment Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead / coordinate mapping and screening business opportunities in infrastructure segments.
- Undertake market research and performing corresponding integrity checks.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality, viability and development impact and contribute to recommendations to IFC’s management.
- Support the development of a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities by anticipating market trends and employing sector knowledge.
- Support transaction teams during investment due diligence. Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions from the mandate stage.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, legal and technical specialists in order to add value to our clients businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Support negotiation/documentation stages of transactions.
- Strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions.
- Actively manage and/or support portfolio investments including potentially restructurings, rescheduling, processing waivers, disbursements, etc.
- Support teams managing relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities.
Applicants must have:
- MBA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong technical financial and investment skills with at least 5 years of experience in finance as well as relevant experience structuring infrastructure investments.
- Relevant working experience in transport, electricity, water, waste or municipal projects is strongly desirable.
- Track record in infrastructure projects in LAC (strongly desirable), including limited recourse project finance transactions corporate finance and/or equity transactions.
- Relevant experience in the Caribbean is strongly desirable.
- Genuine interest and knowledge of relevant infrastructure and regional sector trends.
- Ability to think outside the box and push the envelope.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in other languages (French and Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.