Deadline: 31 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Lead Evaluation Officer in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Lead Evaluation Officer will play a principal role in shaping and delivering IEG’s work program in Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives and in linking this work with clients in the World Bank Group, colleagues in IEG and external partners.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Lead Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide intellectual leadership across IEG in the area of Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives themes, and coordinate IEG’s Infrastructure cluster.
- Oversee and Lead the Infrastructure project evaluations, acting as cluster leader, principal evaluator, or panel reviewer for ICRRs and PPARs.
- Lead and guide the technical work related to Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives teams and identify and bring strategic and policy issues to the attention of management, and the preparation of an appropriate response and appropriate actions to Senior Management and Board members.
- Contribute to the coordination efforts with development partners on issues pertaining to Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives themes to foster innovative and common approaches and instruments as well as ensure clear and regular communication with other internal entities.
- Peer review and provide cross-regional knowledge in their area of expertise and serve as a technical adviser who may be called upon to participate in a broad range of evaluative tasks.
- Advise the group manager on program directions and priorities in his/her area of expertise.
- Help build teamwork among IEG staff and strengthen the strategic alignment among IEG units working across the World Bank Group.
- Coach and mentor junior staff and support quality assurance for IEG’s Products.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced graduate degree in core technical disciplines relevant to Water, Transport, ICT, or Energy & Extractives.
- At least 15 years (12 years in case of PhD) of proven experience with formulation, implementation and evaluation of relevant programs, policies and projects across multiple countries and regions.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills demonstrated through research, sector studies, or similar activities.
- Extensive operational and field experience working with international organizations in Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives and Quality Assurance and Results.
- Solid professional credentials, with strong and proven capability for effective task and/or portfolio management, policy formulation and dialogue, and recognition by peers as an intellectual leader in one or more of the relevant fields, including Water, Transport, ICT, Energy, and Extractives.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work on cross-cutting issues across infrastructure sectors.
- Prior work experience in a relevant area of operations and policy, in Multilateral Development Banks, or other international agencies.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods, with preference for candidates with demonstrated experience in application of these methods
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to plan and undertake large and complex evaluations.
- Proven ability to lead as well as work in diverse, multicultural teams, to mentor staff, to inspire staff commitment to technical excellence and teamwork, and to resolve conflicts constructively.
- English is Essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG