Deadline: 3 June 2016
Open Society Foundations (OSF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Associate in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Policy Associate will provide administrative and programmatic support to senior staff such as the Washington Office Deputy Director, who manages the domestic portfolios for the Advocacy Program
OSF works to build vibrant and tolerant societies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Policy Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assisting policy advisors and directors in planning and implementing programmatic and administrative work.
- Processing payment requests, reconciling reimbursable expenses, and preparing AMEX statements for timely payment.
- Providing meetings and logistical support (e.g., scheduling meetings, ensuring meeting conference room and equipment are available, and taking and/or distributing meeting minutes).
- Providing general administrative support (e.g., copying, filing, managing databases, performing relevant record-keeping, making travel arrangements, covering the front desk and assisting with office-wide administrative tasks).
- Drafting/editing routine correspondence and memoranda.
- Conducting research and analysis of legislative and policy issues and track media reports on relevant issues.
- Attending hearings, briefings, meetings (including strategy meetings), and conferences and preparing summaries.
- Assisting with drafting testimony, letters and other advocacy materials such as issue briefs, fact sheets and reports.
- Contributing to the vetting of grants and grantees.
- Assisting with preparing annual budget submissions.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree from 4 year college or university, and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work for an advocacy organization, NGO or branch of government.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit OSF.