Deadline: 12 November 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Adviser, Evaluation Office in United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Adviser, Evaluation Office will perform the following functions:
- Provide day-to-day supervision, guidance, and support to corporate evaluation teams in completing planned evaluations on time, on budget, and on target
- Within the parameters set forth in the UNICEF Evaluation Policy, the vision and performance expectations set by the Director of Evaluation, the revised norms and standards of the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG), and the specific goals targeted in the Evaluation Office work plan, provide on-going guidance, support, supervision and oversight to Evaluation Office teams.
- Assist the Director of Evaluation in ensuring that areas of complementarity and collaboration across the corporate evaluation portfolios are optimized, that the cross-cutting portfolios are mainstreamed across the evaluation portfolios wherever appropriate, and that linkages to other knowledge-generating functions are strengthened and continually maintained.
- Meet with teams to actively encourage, and where necessary help identify, areas of collaboration across the sector-specific evaluation portfolios in order to maximize the relevance, utility and efficiency of the evaluations produced by the Evaluation Office.
- Advise the Director of Evaluation on issues of strategic importance in the implementation of the UNICEF Evaluation Policy and represent him in internal and external fora as required
- Serve as a critical sounding board for the Director of Evaluation on key issues of strategic importance to the work of the Evaluation Office and the evaluation function more broadly, and advise as necessary on potential options, actions and strategies.
- Assist the Director of Evaluation in ensuring the smooth and seamless overall functioning of the Evaluation Office, and of the evaluation practice throughout the Organization more broadly.
- Assist, and as required lead, key internal processes under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Evaluation.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or higher in a social science and/or planning and programme management.
- 16 year’s in progressively responsible professional work related to planning, implementation, coordination, and management, preferably in the area of monitoring, evaluation and/or research.
- At least 10 year’s senior-level management experience, including in the area of evaluation or in a closely related function, either in a large country office, a regional office, or headquarters.
- Demonstrate experience (re)enforcing organizational and individual accountabilities and competencies for results, conveying direct but constructive feedback, and fostering a positive, respectful, motivating and results-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of other official UN languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.