Deadline: 20 June 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Health Transaction Specialist in Washington D.C., United States.
The Principal Health Transaction Specialist will provide advisory assistance to governments to structure and implement PPP transactions, principally for public services.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Health Transaction Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Lead the health PPP advisory team in developing new advisory projects in the health PPP/contracting area.
- Field visits to assist with marketing C3P advisory services and with initial project identification/selection.
- Provide guidance to staff on project identification, structuring and implementation, to enhance the “reach” / impact on the poor of the project, as well as its fiscal and financial sustainability.
- Ensure that projects are in line with the objectives of the WBG and positively contribute to Universal Health Coverage.
- Provide direct advisory support to teams /clients to help solve problems in projects.
- Provide management with regular updates on the portfolio of active and pipeline health PPP mandates.
- Overall management of C3P’s global health STCs to ensure they are fully and best utilized globally to meet client / C3P needs.
- Key liaison person for C3P’s health PPP business with the donor community and other parts of the WBG.
- Lead the development of close working relationships with the WB and in particular its Health Nutrition and Population Global Practice.
- Promote, and provide leadership for KM and learning initiatives and products by staff.
- Represent IFC/C3P at seminars, conferences and related events.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in business administration, health management or related discipline.
- 10 years of advisory or other clearly relevant experience in PPPs, concessions, BOTs, involving private provision of public services.
- 5 years of relevant experience in health systems, health PPPs and/or contracting with private providers, and/or private health investments.
- Good ‘business sense’ in quickly sizing up the viability/’reach’ of potential projects.
- Proven success in developing/managing client relationships.
- Track record with at least 5 years work at a senior level in originating and structuring public-private partnerships in the health sector with an international perspective.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering innovative approaches to meet challenges of availability, quality and/or affordability of health care services with particular emphasis in emerging economies.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and working in a team environment.
- Good communications and presentational skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.