Deadline: 25 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Contract services, within a portfolio of Service Categories including Learning and Development, Operational as well as Financial Services.
- Establish work plans and priorities, monitor achievements and coordinate work of support staff.
- Coordinate, monitor, and execute annual procurement plans from Head Quarters Divisions/Offices including all relevant Service Contracting requirements.
- Review Terms of Reference for specific requirements and consult with Business Owner and other relevant stakeholders to achieve clear objectives in the contracting of services.
- Identify relevant supply strategies and procurement modalities for specific contracting activities.
- Explore and implement collaborative procurement with other United Nations Agencies for selected Service Categories to achieve efficiencies and meet objectives.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in business administration, commerce or law or technical field required.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible professional experience including at least 3 at the international level.
- Experience in commercial activities with the public or private sector in developing and industrialized countries.
- Solid experience in service contracting, service category management, and contract management.
- Experience and ability to manage and monitor the effective use of financial and material resources.
- Experience in use of computer applications, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.